DOWNLODREDSN0W.GRG invites you all to our re-designed website with up-to date jailbreak resources. The idea of starting a unified portal for Redsn0w strike our thoughts when we were searching for downloading a specific version of this tool for our iPhone 4. Those big sites discussing Redsn0w jailbreak usually re-directs visitors to Google pages where the jailbreak developers upload new software launches. Now when you check most of these links are inactive and people have to end up in survey sites or unsafe file sharing networks to download Redsn0w. So we have decided to host all the Redsn0w builds in our servers so you could get them effortlessly as possible. As of 2013, a Redsn0w download is available for 3rd and 4th generation iPhones (3, 3GS 4, 4S), iPod Touches, and up-to 3rd gen iPad. If you’re a kind of person who is already well-informed about Redsn0w and the way it handles an iOS jailbreak in Windows, Mac, etc., go locate the download links at the mid-section of this page; others are advised to have a look at the starter’s guide given below, before moving right into jailbreaking.
Benefits of jailbreaking and the role of Redsn0w.
Apple iOS is a largely constricted mobile system- the philosophy of the company from the beginning is that customers have to satisfy with what they provide. Can’t it be called nonsensical when one do not have the liberty to tweak the software on a device that they pay for? Even app developers are not allowed to bring some widely accepted mobile phone features to iOS devices as it is against Apple directives. Those who have used other smartphones would know how flop it is when you cannot change the theme in a phone that costs 600 plus dollars. You know, when we have a bound on something that we believe important to us, we normally find a way to bypass it. Apple-set imitations on the iPhone eventually lead to the rise of a strong jailbreaking community, who taught us that we could customize an iPhone just like any other phone in market or even better with a little modification in the phone firmware.
In jailbreaking we use a utility like Redsn0w, which clears of the Apple restrictions during its course of action. It makes the device compatible with a third-party app store called Cydia that has thousands of free tweaks listed on it. In fact, the primary aim of an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch jailbreak is to set up the Cydia app in iPhone. One preferring to jailbreak his or her iPhone has to do it every time when Apple releases a new iOS update. Each Redsn0w download given here, in effect, works only on those devices and iOS versions for which it is programmed. Now lets checkout few advantages of using Redsn0w, and jailbreaking in general.
- Jailbreaking empowers an iPhone owner to prepare network activation in a locked phone (3GS, 4) that has a supported baseband. If opted, Redns0w setups Cydia in an iPhone during Jailbreak. A user can then choose to install Ultrasn0w repository from Cydia that is capable of unlocking their device in a way that it can be used globally on any mobile carrier. Unlocking a mobile phone is now illegal in USA. So you might end-up in trouble by doing this in the States.
- Redsn0w brings in the prospect to upgrade iOS version in an iPhone to a newer variant, at the same time keeping its baseband intact. An iPhone’s baseband may get re-written while upgrading the device to a latest software edition. One may not be able to dig up an unlock if the baseband of their phone gets changed to a new one. In Redsn0w extras, there is an option named “Custom IPSW” which allows you to create a custom firmware from Apple provided raw iOS IPSW. Those who restore their device with this custom-made iOS could maintain their baseband and bring the new OS features on board.
- One can access the hidden root folders and files in an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad after a jailbreak, provided a suitable package is downloaded from the Cydia Store. iFile is an example for a good file manger available in Cydia.
- Earlier some users used Jailbreaking as a way to get pirated iPhone apps installed in their devices.
- Some noteworthy apps (eg: GrooveShark for iPhone) works only on jailboken i-devices.
- Redns0w has a feature to save an iPhone’s SHSH blobs to Cydia and local storage devices. SHSH Blob is essential when a user wants to downgrade the iOS installed in an iPhone to an older build, for some reason.
- Redsn0w and all other jailbreaking tools greatly contribute to the security, and overall growth of the iPhone eco-system: The iPhone dev-team (creators of Redsn0w), and other jailbreak developers track down the security flaws in iOS and Apple hardware to release latest jailbreak downloads. Apple fixes all the new jailbreak methods in subsequent iOS updates. It’s more like a cat-and-mouse-game that continues in a mutually beneficial way. Most of the high-talked iOS 7, 6.0 and 5.0 tweaks were first appeared in the Cydia store. Apple stole many ideas from jailbreak community, and now they are being introduced as part of the stock iOS.
- Redsn0w aids an idevice with tethered or semi-tethered jailbreak, in booting to the jailbroken state after a restart. Use the “Just Boot” button in Redsn0w to get this done.
Classification of the jailbreak achieved.
No matter we employ Redsn0w or any other tool; the resulting jailbreak achieved in an iPhone, iPod or iPad is graded into untethered, semi-tethered or tethered. Among the three, an untethered jailbreak is considered as the best, because in this case the target device functions just normal as a non-jailbroken piece, even after all the breaches. However, one has to hang on to the Redsn0w (Just Boot option), iBooty (Sn0wbreeze) or a designated module in the jailbreak software to wake-up the device from a switched-off state if the jailbreak obtained is tethered or semi-tethered. If available semi-tethered is better than tethered as we at least get access to the home screen (though many apps disabled) without having to boot tether. Booting tethered is the most cumbersome act. An iPhone setup with tethered jailbreak, if it goes off, has to face the Redsn0w (or that tool which was used to jailbreak the device) treatment again, to restart it in a working state.
A video is the best way to explain how Redsn0w works out a jailbreak.
The tutorial demonstrates a semi-tethered jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3 with newest Redsn0w (find the download below) for iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod Touch 4th generation.
Download Redsn0w for Windows and Mac OS X
Download Redsn0w for iOS 7? Apple iPhone 4, 3GS and a few other devices are permanently vulnerable to Redsn0w jailbreak because of the bootrom exploit found a few years ago. So sure we can expect a Redsn0w for iOS 7 any time soon. Lets wait for the developers to release it.
(Latest)Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 Windows (here) Mac (here): Unleashed in the first months of the current year, Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 is capable of jailbreaking almost all iOS 6* releases. It offers a tethered jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3 for iPhone 3GS, 4 and iPod Touch 4. Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 also supports baseband preservation, and hactivation of the aforementioned devices on iOS 6.1.3. (Check Steps)
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 – Windows (here), Mac here: Lets you jailbreak and hactivate iPhone 4, 3G or 3GS on iOS 4.2.1 ( SAM). This version of Redsn0w when used in combination with Ultrasn0w (from Cydia) helps to unlock and activate an iPhone stuck with SIM not compatible or un-supported carrier message.
Requirements for using Redsn0w is a PC or Mac, along with the iOS IPSW specified in the documentation.
This page only lists the latest Redsn0w editions, which are compatible with the final builds of each iOS version. If your device is running a lower build, please download the new IPSW file (if jailbreak is feasible), upgrade via iTunes and then run the Redsn0w app. We advise you to use alternative tools for iOS versions for which Redsn0w doesn’t provide an untethered jailbreak. Right now, there is no iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 jailbreak available for iPhone 4S and iPhone 5.
Redsn0w has a couple of drawbacks in the present scenario. Unavailability of untethered jailbreak on the latest iOS hardware is number one, that along with the complexity associated in jailbreaking process is slowly making this tool unattractive. Click the links given above for downloading a few Redsn0w alternatives like Sn0wbreeze and Evasi0n.