Accidentally updated your iPhone 4 or 3GS to iOS 6.1.3 and lost the jailbreak status/stuck with SIM not supported message in iTunes? Now you can use the new Redsnow 0.9.15b3 to jailbreak these devices and activate it to work with any SIM card of your choice. The Redsnow 0.9.15b3 provides a tethered jailbreak in iPhone 4 and 3GS with iOS 6.1.3.
“Activation error” – Activation request could not be completed if the problem persists please contact the support.
The following method will fix above given error and will automatically activate your iPhone if done correctly.
Steps to jailbreak an iPhone with Redsnow 0.9.15b3.
Although our aim is to jailbreak iPhone 4/3GS with iOS 6.1.3 we use iOS 6.0 IPSW for this operation. So don’t get confused here.
1. Download Windows or Mac version of the Redsnow 0.9.15b3 app from our home page.
3. Connect your iPhone to the Mac or PC, after downloading the necessary software.
4. Remove the SIM card ( only if you need hactivation), and then execute Redsn0w.
5. Click on Extras, and then “Select IPSW” button and locate the downloaded iOS 6.0 file using the finder (Mac) or Explorer (Windows).
6. Once the Redsn0w identifies the OS, hit the Back button and go back to the main window of the application.
7. Now click on Jailbreak. In the next step, choose to install Cydia and go ahead. The jailbreak process will begin and at some points the Redsnow will request manual actions- you may have to turn off your iPhone and take it to the DFU mode when required.
8. Your iPhone 4 or 3GS will boot into fully activated mode when jailbreak process ends.
9. Since its a tethered jailbreak you won’t find the Cydia application in the Springboard after completing the step number 8. So you have to run Redsnow 0.9.15b3 app again for getting Cydia and the numerous associated jailbreak benefits. Those who just wanted to bypass the activation can skip the upcoming steps and start using their iPhone in the unlocked state.
10. Repeat the steps 3, 4, 5 and click on Just Boot button instead of going back. Now the Redsn0w will again take you through the step 7 discussed above- do what it says.
11. After a couple of minutes the iPhone will restart in fully activated and jailbroken state.
Please remember that Redsnow 0.9.15b3 offers only a tethered jailbreak for iPhone 3G and 4 so you’ve to repeat the step 10 after each restart, to maintain the jailbroken status.
Those who are out of luck with this method may download new Sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 for iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak and activation on Windows.
Common Error fixes:
- Redsn0w says the IPSW file is invalid?
Probably you’ve provided a wrong iOS as input. This method requires the user to download iOS 6.0 file, not iOS 6.1.3.
- My phone is stuck at the Black/Pineapple screen after reboot and its not starting?
Well, then you can use the “Recovery Fix” option in Redsn0w Extras to get out of this.
- Cydia app flashes and closes instantly when I touch the icon, why?
This error usually appears when you’re not starting your iPhone in “boot-tethered” status. Check the step 10 in article to fix it and re-enable Cydia.