DOWNLODREDSN0W.GRG welcomes you all to our re-designed website with up-to date jailbreak resources. The concept of springing a unified download portal for Redsn0w and related jailbreak tools struck our thoughts when we were desperately searching for the newest jailbreak aides compatible with our iPhone 4, 5 and 5S. The popular websites reporting jailbreak usually re-directs visitors to third-party pages where the developers upload new software releases. Now when you check it, most of the old links have expired, and some people seem to have taken benefit of the situation by uploading fake versions of Redsn0w jailbreak to their websites. As of 2018, the latest version of Redsn0w is 0.9.15 b3, and this download only works with a limited number of iPhones, iPods and iPads. However, in some YouTube channels and, of course, in Google, you will find articles titled ” download Redsn0w 1.0″ for iOS 7, iOS 8, etc. -all we can say that these are entirely misleading. Downloading a jailbreak software from such sites will test your patience, you would end-up filling shitty surveys. With this website, we aim to improve your jailbreak experience a little safer by providing the right tools. We host redsn0w and it’s alternatives on our servers so that you can securely download them without any delay.
Redsn0w is an app that works on multiple OS platforms including Windows and Mac OS X. Those who already know about jailbreaking, and the method of handling a software like Redsn0w can directly go to the end-section of this page to download a program that suits your need.
Alert: Redsn0w is no-longer suitable for jailbreaking iPhones above 4S. Check the bottom-section of this page for a quick-link to download jailbreak tools that are compatible with iOS 9 and iOS 10 on devices up-to iPhone 6S plus.
Benefits of jailbreaking and the role of Redsn0w.
Apple iOS is largely a restricted mobile system- the stand of the company from the introduction of the first iPhone is that customers have to settle with what they provide. Even iOS developers are not allowed to touch anything that may harm the privacy or security of the users. It’s okay in a security point of view, but what if a user wants to take their iPhone experience to a better level, change its theme, add new features that the other mobile platforms offer? All the iPhone users are not in your contract model, Apple!. The limitations on the iPhone and rest of the iOS family of devices eventually lead to the formation of an active community which promotes and develops jailbreaking software.
In jailbreaking, we download and use a utility like Redsn0w, which clears the Apple imposed barriers in iOS during its sequence of action. It makes the device compatible with a third-party app store like Cydia that has thousands of free tweaks listed on it. In fact, the primary aim of an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch jailbreak is to set up the Cydia app in iPhone. One who is interested jailbreaking his or her iPhone may have refresh it from time to time as Apple releases a new iOS updates. Each Redsn0w downloads given here, in effect, works only on those devices and iOS versions for which it is made available. Now lets checkout few advantages of using Redsn0w, and “jailbreak” in general.
- Jailbreaking empowers an iPhone owner to achieve network activation in a locked phone (3GS, 4), that has a supported baseband. If opted, Redns0w or its alternative setups Cydia on the iPhone’s app-board during Jailbreak. The user can then choose to install Ultrasn0w repository from Cydia that is capable of unlocking the phone, in a way, that it can work globally on any mobile carrier. Unlocking a “mobile phone in a contract” is illegal in USA. So you may get into trouble if you do “unlocking” in the States.
- Redsn0w has the mechanisms to upgrade the iOS version in an iPhone to a newer variant, at the same time keeping its baseband intact. An iPhone’s baseband may get re-written while upgrading the device to the latest software edition. One may not be able to find-up an unlock if the baseband of their phone gets changed to a new one. In Redsn0w extras, there is an option named “Custom IPSW” that allows you to create a custom firmware from Apple provided raw iOS IPSW. Those who restore their device with these custom-made iOS could maintain the old baseband and bring the new OS features on board.
- One can access the hidden root folders and files in iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad after a jailbreak, provided a suitable package is downloaded from the Cydia Store. iFile is an example for a good file manager available in Cydia.
- In the past, for some users, Jailbreaking was the a way to get pirated iOS apps installed one their Apple devices.
- Some noteworthy apps (e.g.,: Call Recorder for iPhone) works only on jailboken i-devices.
- Redns0w has a feature to save an iPhone’s SHSH blobs to Cydia and local storage devices. SHSH Blob is essential when a user wants to downgrade the iOS installed in an iPhone to an older build, for some reason.
- Redsn0w and all other jailbreaking tools greatly contribute to the security, and overall growth of the iPhone eco-system: The iPhone dev-team (creators of Redsn0w), and other jailbreak developers track down the security flaws in iOS and Apple hardware to release latest jailbreak downloads. Apple fixes all the new jailbreak methods in subsequent iOS updates. It’s more like a cat-and-mouse-game that continues in a mutually beneficial way. Most of the highly-talked iOS 8, iOS 7 tweaks first appeared in the Cydia store. Apple stole many ideas from the jailbreak community, and now they are being introduced as part of the stock iOS.
- Redsn0w helps a user to boot his idevice into a jailbroken state if it relies on a tethered or semi-tethered jailbreak. Use the “Just Boot” button in Redsn0w’s Options menu to get this done.
Classification of the jailbreak achieved.
No matter what we employ, Redsn0w or any other tool, the resulting jailbreak achieved in an iPhone, iPod or iPad fits to untethered, semi-tethered or tethered jailbreak categories. Among the three, an untethered jailbreak is considered as the best because in this case the target device functions just normal as a non-jailbroken piece, even after all the breaches. However, one has to hang on to the Redsn0w (Just Boot option), iBooty (Sn0wbreeze) or a designated module in the jailbreak software to wake-up the device from a switched-off state if the jailbreak obtained is tethered or semi-tethered. If available semi-tethered is better than tethered as we at least get access to the home screen (though many apps disabled) without having to boot-tethered. Booting tethered is the most cumbersome act. An iPhone setup with tethered jailbreak, if it goes off, has to bear the Redsn0w (or the same tool that was used to jailbreak the device earlier) treatment again, in order restart it in a working state.
A video is the best way to explain how Redsn0w works out a jailbreak.
This tutorial demonstrates a semi-tethered jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3 (Supports iOS 6.1.6 too) with newest Redsn0w (find the download below) for iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod Touch 4th generation.
Download Redsn0w for Windows and Mac OS X
Redsn0w for iOS 7 or iOS 8? Apple iPhone 4, 3GS and a few other old devices are permanently vulnerable to a “bootrom exploit” and are jailbreakable- a Redsn0w jailbreak seems to be possible up-to iOS 7. However, the developers seem to have abandoned the Redsn0w brand and moreover the aforesaid phones are not compatible with upcoming iOS 10 or iOS 11.
(Latest build)Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 for Windows (here) Mac (here): Unleashed in the first months of the 2013, Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 upholds the legacy of Redsn0w in 2014, apparently as the final version of the popular tool for jailbreak. Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 can be used to jailbreak almost all iOS 6* releases. It offers a tethered jailbreak on iOS 6.0, 6.1.3, 6.1.6 for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4. Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 also supports baseband preservation, and hactivation of the aforementioned devices on iOS 6.1.6. (Check steps to jailbreak iOS 6.1.6 untethered with Redsn0w). Note that now it is possible to convert this tethered iOS 6.1.6 jailbreak to untethered by downloading “P0sixspwn 1.0.8” from Cydia.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 – Windows (here), Mac here: Lets you jailbreak and hactivate iPhone 4, 3G or 3GS on iOS 4.2.1 ( SAM). This version of Redsn0w when used in combination with Ultrasn0w (from Cydia) helps to unlock and activate an iPhone stuck with SIM not compatible or un-supported carrier message.
Requirements for running Redsn0w is a PC or Mac, along with the iOS IPSW specified in the documentation. This page only lists the latest Redsn0w editions, which are compatible with the final builds of each iOS version. If your device is running a lower build, please download the new IPSW file (if a jailbreak is feasible), upgrade via iTunes and then run the Redsn0w app. We advise you to use alternative tools for iOS versions for which Redsn0w doesn’t provide an untethered jailbreak.
Redsn0w cannot be utilized to exercise a jailbreak if you have an iPhone released after the 4S. Redsn0w alternatives like Evasi0n and Pangu the same time provide untethered JB options for 32-bit ( 4, 4S, 5, etc.) & 64- bit (5S, 6, 6S, 6S plus, etc.) on iPhones running iOS versions up-to 10. You can download the up-to date jailbreak tools for the new and upcoming iPhones running iOS 11 by browsing to the above given link.
The future of Redsn0w jailbreak.
We are hopeless about the future of Redsn0w; the developers appear to have lost their interest on updating it. Major drawbacks like the unavailability of proper untethered jailbreak on iPhone 5, 5S, and the increasing complexity linked with the jailbreaking procedures on supported hardware is slowly eroding the popularity of Redsn0w; people already shifted to newer jailbreak tools like Evasion, Sn0wbreeze, P0sixspwn, etc. Apple’s announcement on dropping iOS 8 support for pre-A5 hardware could be the freshest blow to the Redsn0w fans.